Conversion Tables, Formulas and Suggested Guidelines for Horticultural Use

Bodie V. Pennisi, Gary L. Wade, Melvin P. Garber, Paul A. Thomas and James T. Midcap, Horticulture Department Originally prepared by S.C. Myers and A.J. Lewis, Extension Horticulturists

Formulas for calculating greenhouse volume

  • Uneven-span greenhouses
  • Quonset structures
  • Even-span greenhouses

Pesticide and fertilizer recommendations are often made on a pounds per acre and tons per acre basis. While these may be applicable to field production of many crops, orchardists, nurserymen and greenhouse operators often must convert these recommendations to smaller areas, such as row feet, square feet, or even per tree or per pot. Thus pints, cups, ounces, tablespoons and teaspoons are the common units of measure. The conversion is frequently complicated by metric units of measure. This publication is designed to aid growers in making these calculations and conversions, and also provides other data useful in the management, planning and operation of horticultural enterprises.

See the entire publication here

Leave a Comment